BMW targets #1 slot with 5-Series
There is no denying that BMW took no time in reaching the top position in the Indian luxury market after it dethroned, Mercedes-Benz fro the #1 slot, but the company hasn’t been able to hang on to the top position for long.
After the 5 Series went out of production early this year, BMW lost to Mercedes in the first quarter of the calendar year but as the company has launched the new model priced between Rs 38.9 lakh and Rs 58 lakh (ex-showroom), the German auto major expects the new 5 Series will surely help the automobile giant in snatching back the Numero Uno slot from arch rival Mercedes Benz.
In fact, the company has announced that it will be producing the recently launched product from its Chennai plant.
Juergen Eder, MD (production), BMW recently said that the 5 Series will surely help the company to gain sales momentum in the Indian market.
However, the arch rival Audi is also weighing option of assembling cars such as A8 and Q3 & Q7 at its Aurangabad plant with a target to sell 6,000 cars by 2015.
United Kingdom News
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate
- American Gaming Association urges President Trump to revise tax threshold on slots
- Careful planning must for Casinos to bounce back from COVID-19 pandemic: Experts
- German Government agrees to Lufthansa Package