People in Haiti Still Face Problems
Even though, more than six months have passed since a powerful earthquake struck Haiti, the city of Port au Prince appears to be like a ghost town. The devastating incident displaced more than one million people and damaged a lot of infrastructure. People who lost their homes still have to live under horrible conditions and there is no relief in sight for them.
The Government has also not done enough for reconstruction and recovery and people have now started to take the matter in their own hands. People also point that even though a lot of money has been promised, actually most of the money has been spent on administrative tasks than on providing relief to the people. Others claim that a lot of money may not reach where it is intended and may instead be taken by the corrupt officials.
People have to survive under very difficult conditions and they also face the threat of various diseases by living in these conditions. The young children are also seen sitting on streets and they also live under horrible conditions. The poverty among the people had further added to their problems.
Health experts feel that people may fall prey to an epidemic, if the conditions are not improved. People also have to face violence and the law and order conditions are also not very sound.
United Kingdom News
- Most Popular Card Games on Indian Online Casino
- US presidential election shatters political betting records as Brits trade £600M through Betfair
- Elon Musk’s “25 guns” to be assigned with task to fix Tesla Gigafactory Berlin
- Austrian skydiver Peter Salzmann tests BMW’s 300 km/h electric wingsuit
- Voro Motors EMOVE Cruiser comes loaded with numerous unique features