Nvidia's GTX580 a bit upgraded GTX480
Ranging £100 higher the Nvidia GTX580 is merely 10 per cent faster in terms of clock speed and memory performance when compared to the GTX480.
Considered to be the closest sibling with almost all similar features the GTX580 has 512 Cuda cores compared to the GTX480's 480, a processor clock speed of 1,544MHz more than 1,401MHz when compared to its older version, and thus offering a higher memory bandwidth.
Further analysis of the specs it has been observed that the GTX580 comes with an OpenGL 4.1 support, FP16 texture filtering and "adaptive z cull", whereas the GTX480 is deprived of it. The strange thing to observe is that of the GTX480 which show 3D surround sound support on the other hand GTX580 doesn't.
The Green Goblin, however, sees it differently of course and states, "Performance that is up to 30 per cent faster than the original GeForce GTX 480... Even in previous-generation DX9 and DX10 games, the GeForce GTX 580 is faster by up to 62 per cent, including in the blockbuster PC title StarCraft II."
A visible difference observed comes in GTX580's "vapour chamber thermal solution," a vapour phase change cooler that the GTX480 does not possess.
United Kingdom News
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate
- American Gaming Association urges President Trump to revise tax threshold on slots
- Careful planning must for Casinos to bounce back from COVID-19 pandemic: Experts
- German Government agrees to Lufthansa Package