New Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta: A “huge pile of awesome”
The new Firefox 4 Beta, which Mozilla released to the public on January 14, boasts notably speedier start-up time, high-speed rendering of complex animations, and enhanced bookmarking; and, thereby emphasizes on speed for users to play with on Windows, Mac and Linux.
With Mozilla's Kraken performance benchmark clearly indicating that the Firefox 4 will be over threefold faster than the current Firefox 3.6.13 build, the performance improvements made in the Beta 9 essentially rev up start-up time, page-loading and step up Web application and games.
In addition, since the latest Firefox 4 beta includes Panorama technology, which enables users to group open tabs for easier Web surfing, users can now use the App Tabs to may move Websites they generally keep open to their tab bar.
Other than Panorama and App Tabs, the new Firefox 4 Beta also boasts some other notable features including full HTML 5 support; and integrated FF sync feature for porting Awesome Bar history, bookmarks, open tabs, and passwords across computers and mobile devices.
Offering a developer tool overview of the Firefox 4 Beta, and noting that developers will benefit from support for HTML5, WebM and HD video, 3D graphic rendering with WebGL, hardware acceleration and the Mozilla Audio API for sound, Chris Blizzard - Mozilla's director of product platform management - termed the latest beta as a "huge pile of awesome."
United Kingdom News
- British bookmaker William Hill’s American subsidiary completes acquisition of CG Technology
- Atlantic City casinos allowed to resume smoking, drinking on gaming floors
- Casino sector isn’t yet out of the woods and faces difficult days ahead: BGC
- French casino operator Partouche join forces with Pixel Companyz to create first Japan-led IR consortium
- Delays in reopening of UK casinos is ‘blessing in disguise’: Industry Analyst