Virgin Mobile to tie-up with Lady Gaga
In an attempt to hit 1 million by the end of the year, Virgin Mobile has decided to tie-in with Lady Gaga. Although at present about 40,000 people “like” Virgin Mobile on Facebook, yet it has decided to increase the number this year.
The social media talent marketing firm, Talenthouse would reportedly be helping the telecom brand for the cause. As per this new program, Virgin mobile would make an effort to transfer some of Lady Gaga’s 27.7 million Facebook fans over to Virgin Mobile.
A contest is being launched by Virgin mobile on Monday which intends to find 10 official bloggers for new dates in Lady Gaga’s ‘Monster Ball’, tour. In order to make an entry the users would have to send a short video to Virgin Mobile Live’s Facebook page displaying their ‘best work’, till date. These would be open to voting for all the Facebook users. A ‘Like’, would be required for submission which would be housed on Facebook.
The President and founder of Talenthouse, Amos Pizzey asserted that even though Virgin Mobile had a goal for its ‘likes’,the brand very well understood that certain fans had disproportionate influence.
“They want the right ‘likes. They want people who are there to consume content”, he said.
United Kingdom News
- UK electric car adoption pace not quick enough to meet government targets: Study
- Honda, KTM, Piaggio & Yamaha set up swappable battery consortium
- ACC to receive €437 million to build battery gigafactory
- European plug-in car registrations jump 237% year-over-year in Q2 2021
- Zapp i300 e-scooter available in Germany, with price tag of €6,300