2.17 Million Cars Recalled by Toyota
Renowned carmaker Toyota has announced a recall of 2.17 million automobiles manufactured by the Company. The reason behind the recall has been stated to be because the accelerator pedal of a majority of these cars got stuck into floor mats on occasions. The Company will be trying to find out ways to prevent this from happening.
Out of all the recalls, 1.38 million are in the footsteps of the massive recall that had happened in November 2009.
The cars that have been recalled include 603,000 4 wheel drive SUVs that were produced between 2003 and 2009. Apart from that, 17,000 Lexus LX 570s that were manufactured from 2008 to 2011 have been recalled as well.
Meanwhile, another 761,000 RAV4 compact SUVs that were produced from 2006 to 2010 were recalled as well.
All the owners of these vehicles will receive notifications of the recall through a mail in the matter of the next couple of weeks. Another notice will be sent, when dealerships are ready to resolve the problem.
The recall has been implemented after the intervention of the National highway Traffic Safety Administration. Talking about the development on Thursday, Dave Strickland, of the NHTSA, said that the announcement made by Toyota brought an end to the investigation that involved a review of 400,000 pages of documents of Toyota.
United Kingdom News
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million