Rumor: Nintendo may announce details about Wii 2 at E3 2011
According to rumors making rounds on the Internet these days, the E3 show – to be held in Los Angeles from June 7 to June 9 - will witness Nintendo announcing the details pertaining to its supposedly forthcoming Wii 2 game console.
The latest Wii 2 rumours recently emerged from Zelda fan site Zeldainformer. com, which claimed that an ‘inside’ Nintendo source had fervently confirmed that gamers will be allowed the first peek at the much-awaited Wii successor at E3 2011.
Earlier, hinting that the Wii is apparently in the making, Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata had said during a Japanese investor Q and A session last year: “We are of course studying and developing the next console to Wii. However, there is a big difference between studying a product and announcing what it is and when we will release it.”
Going by the information shared on the Zeldainformer. com site, the rumoured Wii 2 will boast some noteworthy specs including a superfast quad-core processor; an in-built Blu-ray drive; as well as a built-in projector.
However, as per Ngamer magazine editor, Charlotte Martyn, the latest Wii 2 rumours apparently stem from the assumption that “because Twilight Princess was launched across GameCube and the brand new Wii, Skyward Sword will also usher in a new console.”
Martyn, nonetheless, added that “this year's E3 would seem the logical time for Wii's successor to be confirmed, given the dwindling release list for the current console.”
United Kingdom News
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million