Nintendo partnering with HMV for the launch of 3DS in UK
In an official press release, Nintendo recently revealed that it is partnering with retailer HMV for the official UK debut of the Nintendo 3DS, which will go on sale in the country at one minute past midnight on March 25 – the day when Apple is releasing its iPad 2!
According to the Nintendo announcement, HMV’s flagship London Oxford Street store - at 150 Oxford Street - will play host to the main UK release of the eagerly-awaited portable 3D console; while 100 other HMV stores will also remain open at midnight across the country.
Once the 3DS is officially launched at 12pm, the first 500 fans get a free game just for being in attendance for the launch event. However, the free game will probably be given to fans only at HMV’s Oxford Street branch.
In addition, Nintendo has revealed that the Oxford Street branch will also give out to the fans a special 'launch-night pack', which will include “a space blanket, a limited edition launch t-shirt and an exclusive Nintendo 3DS launch edition of Official Nintendo Magazine.”
Moreover, HMV has also promised some in-store entertainments - including head-to-head battles on Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition and Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D – to coincide with the 3DS launch.
In fact, Nintendo is going all out to ensure that it lives up to the ‘biggest UK console release’ moniker that has been laden on the 3DS – the company is also hosting a VIP event for 2,000 selected Club Nintendo members in London’s Old Billingsgate.
United Kingdom News
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million