Detroit Mother Fights to Choose Daughter’s Medication
Maryanne Godboldo was said to have issues with the Detroit police and the Michigan’s Department of Human Services, owing to her refusal to administer certain drugs prescribed for her physically impaired daughter.
She claimed that the drugs given to her daughter Ariana, only deteriorated her condition, which is as a result of the carelessness of some of the doctors who have prescribed drugs like; Risperdal, which had an adverse effect and complicated her condition.
However, the Human Services Director, Maura Corrigan, has stated that their major course is to go to court and provide evidence that there is a “medical neglect” before further actions can be taken, regarding the case.
According to reports, Godboldo still maintains that she was on her right by defying the police, irrespective of the five days spent in jail and criminal charges include discharge of a firearm, three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon and resisting officers.
After her mother’s aggressive encounter with the police, Ariana spent almost a month in a children's psychiatric facility, and now stays with Godboldo's sister, Penny, as a judge has ordered that other adult relatives should be present when she visits with her daughter.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept