StockerYale wins order worth $ 2.1 million from BAE Systems
StockerYale, Inc. has notified that the company has secured a production order worth US$ 2.1 million from BAE Systems (BAE), a global defense and aerospace company.
Under the arrangement, the company will supply lasers to BAE, for the Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasure (ATIRCM) system.
BAE's ATIRCM system is a laser-based infrared countermeasures system that defends aircraft against widely spread heat-seeking missiles.
StockerYale, Inc., headquartered in Salem, New Hampshire, is an independent designer and manufacturer of structured light lasers, LED modules, and specialty optical fibers for industry leading OEMs. The company has offices and subsidiaries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
According to the company officials, the production is expected to begin in the first quarter of fiscal 2009.
United Kingdom News
- Fiat’s all-electric E-Ducato commercial van boasts lots of impressive features & specs
- Ford to build “Ion Park” in southeast Michigan for in-house battery cell production
- Genesis unveils fully-electric G80 at 2021 Shanghai Auto Show
- VW to equip all MEB-based EVs with bidirectional charging capability starting next year
- Nissan’s European and Japanese teams collaborate to test Ariya electric SUV ahead of production