Years Old Xbox 360 and PS3 Ahead of Wii U in Terms of Speed
The recently launched Nintendo Wii u is reported far behind it years old rivals namely Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms of speed.
It was recently reported that IBM Power PC central processing unit of the Nintendo Wii U has three cores which run at 1.24GHz per core, while that in the PS3's cell processor and Xbox 360's, Xenon run at 3GHz per core.
However, graphics chip in the product is reported to little faster or matching to those Xbox 360 and PS3. The graphics processing unit (GPU) of Wii U is made up of Advanced Micro Devices which runs at 549 MHz.
Coming to the hacking arena, a hacker Hector Martin said that Wii U is not really hard to crack. Its security processor Starbuck is as vulnerable to threats as the Starlet in Wii.
However, Nintendo seems least affected by the findings and is found to believe that these kinds of figures don't affect the performance. "We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers", said the firm in its statement.
The Nintendo Wii U is available at a market price of $349 while Xbox 360 comes for $399 and PS3 is priced highly at $599.
United Kingdom News
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million