Snacks at Work Desk Make You Gain Weight: Study
A research recently conducted by The Village Bakery has uncovered a concerning fact that workers in offices are at risk of becoming overweight.
The reason, as per the team, is snacking that people often do at work desk. It has been told that women are at higher risks of the same as compared to their male counterparts.
The team warned that wrong things eaten sitting at desk during lunch result in a habit of getting inclined to unhealthy treats. Since women eat more than men, they increase their risks of gaining weight. Some women admit that they eat more than four snacks a day.
An average woman can gain almost 6lb 3oz with this habit. The report says the same is equivalent to the size of a whole dress. In comparison, men are at risk of putting on some 5lb 2oz weight in a year.
The report has uncovered that a person on an average eats two snacks per day. Also, 30% of people consume three or more snacks in the same period. Amongst the snacks, biscuits are most common with some 42% people getting to the same daily. Chocolate and crisps follow biscuits.
"Not only would a change in the choice of lunch help prevent weight gain and an evening of regret, it could also help improve energy levels", nutritionist Dr. Sarah Brewer suggested.
United Kingdom News
- Tesla voids warranty if EV’s battery pack is used to power home
- France reportedly looking to relax geographical restrictions to allow smaller cities to host casinos
- BMW aims to swing back to pre-pandemic operating margin of 8-10%
- Scania reveals plans to launch full-size 40-ton capacity long-range electric truck
- Tesla’s all-electric Model Y earns 5-star score in NHTSA crash tests