Hawaiian Researchers Develop Rabbits that Glow Green in the Dark
Team of Researchers in Hawaii has developed rabbits which glow in the dark. The aim of the project is to continue with advanced research for treatment of life-threatening diseases. Research team from Hawaii and Turkey has worked together to develop rabbits having genetic material which makes them glow in florescent green color in the dark.
The two rabbits which glow in the dark have also started growing fur. The intense shining light from the rabbits comes even through their fur. Biogenesis Researcher Dr. Stefan Moisyadi who has worked on the project informed that the research team has been successful in injecting a gene that was not originally present in the animal.
The glow comes from the fluorescent protein taken from jellyfish DNA which was injected in the rabbit embryos. Other animals on which similar experiments have been done include kittens, monkeys and puppies.
The fluorescent rabbits can produce proteins in their body. The research team aims to collect the molecules from the female fluorescent rabbit’s milk. The molecules will be used in production of medicines and other research chemicals.
United Kingdom News
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million