Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
US automaker Ford Motor is set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang - the company's sixth-generation Mustang - on Thursday. The company will host launch events of the new 2015 Mustang in New York, Los Angeles, Dearborn, Barcelona, Sydney and Shanghai.
The unveiling of the sixth-generation Mustang comes 50 years after Ford first unveiled the fast and affordable pony car at the New York World's Fair.
With the all-new 2015 Mustang to be unveiled on four continents - North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia - to spur worldwide sales, Ford is banking on the total redesign of the car to appeal to motorists across the world.
The new Mustang - which will be sleeker, lower, and wider than the existing model - will hit the markets next year as a 2015 model. One of the biggest differences between the current Mustang and the new model is that the 2015 Mustang is the first model of the car to be manufactured in overseas markets; thereby marking Ford's efforts to convert an American icon into its global flagship.
With regard to Ford's move to produce a Mustang for sale around the world, Ford's dealer product-advisory committee head Beau Boeckmann - VP of Ford's Los Angeles-area dealership Galpin Motors - said, about the challenge faced by Ford engineers in crafting the first Mustang which Ford plans to sell globally: "The designers did an absolutely masterful job of bringing these almost juxtaposed positions together and making them work."
United Kingdom News
- VW to equip all MEB-based EVs with bidirectional charging capability starting next year
- Nissan’s European and Japanese teams collaborate to test Ariya electric SUV ahead of production
- Bet365 Founder & CEO Denise Coates gets £469 million ($650M) in pay & dividends in 2020
- Peugeot cuts e-2008 electric SUV prices for UK government grant eligibility
- Volkswagen partners with BP to create ultra-fast EV charging network in Europe