Qardio launches Indiegogo campaign for its ‘QardioArm’ smart blood pressure monitor
A startup called Qardio has recently launched an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for its `QardioArm' smart blood pressure and heart rate monitor. The wireless blood pressure monitoring device was officially announced by Qardio at the 2014 International CES in Las Vegas.
The QardioArm smart blood pressure monitor does not have any buttons, wires, or displays; and it can wirelessly connect to the users' smartphone or tablet. The users' measurements are tracked automatically by the QardioArm app and uploaded to a secure cloud server.
In an attempt to bring the Qardio Arm smart blood pressure monitor to the market, Qardio is looking to raise a total amount of $100,000 from its Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. Though the startup had earlier said that the likely retail price of the QardioArm will be $99, it is offering the device to early backers for $75.
Qardio is already a few days into its Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for the QardioArm device, and had reportedly raised more than $30,500.
With Qardio's crowdfunding campaign being a flexible funding campaign, the company does not require to meet its $100,000 funding goal in order to get the pledged funds. In fact, via the campaign, Qardio is essentially looking to use the Indiegogo platform to boost `visibility,' and also to obtain feedback and ideas that can help the company in further development of its QardioArm smart blood pressure monitor.
United Kingdom News
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million
- VIP Gamblers remain devoted to gambling hub Macau but fail to bolster gross gaming revenue
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate