LG has reportedly signed exclusive deal with Apple for iWatch display panels
New reports out of South Korea have revealed that LG Display has signed an exclusive deal with Apple, for manufacturing display panels for Apple's iWatch smartwatch which will likely hit the markets this year.
The latest reports about an exclusive deal between LG and Apple for the iWatch come within a couple of months of October 2013 rumors that LG Display was close to inking an agreement with Apple for providing OLED displays for the iWatch smartwatch.
Despite the fact that there has been no official disclosure about the deal by either LG or Apple, reports from South Korea - including one from ddaily. co. kr - claim that LG will begin the mass production of iWatch displays anytime between July and September. Approximately 2 million units of the display will be initially manufactured by LG for Apple.
According to the reports, the iWatch display panel which LG will manufacture for Apple - under the terms of the exclusive deal between the two companies - will be a 1.52-inch display, which would be Plastic OLED (P-OLED).
Some reports are also hinting that the iWatch display manufactured by LG will probably be a curved one, similar to the curved display which LG has used in its `G Flex' handsets. If these reports are accurate, the display of the iWatch will be a curved display, unlike other smartwatches which characteristically feature a flatter kind of display.
United Kingdom News
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million
- VIP Gamblers remain devoted to gambling hub Macau but fail to bolster gross gaming revenue
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate
- American Gaming Association urges President Trump to revise tax threshold on slots