LG’s G Flex curved-screen handset to launch in 20 European markets in February
In a Tuesday announcement, South Korean tech giant LG Electronics has confirmed that its intriguing `G Flex' curved-screen smartphone - which was launched in the home market in November 2013 - will become available in 20 European markets in February.
The announcement about the February launch of G Flex in Europe comes within weeks of the recent confirmation of the handset's US launch - sometime later this quarter - at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas earlier this month.
Among the 20 European markets at which the LG G Flex handset will go on sale next month are the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, and Sweden. The handset had already hit a few Asian markets - including Hong Kong and Singapore - in December 2013.
The confirmation of the forthcoming launch of the G Flex handset in European markets marks the first official acknowledgement by LG about its plans to release the handset in Europe. However, the device was made available for pre-order from the likes of Carphone Warehouse this month.
Some of the key features of the LG G Flex smartphone include an inward-curved 6-inch plastic OLED display; a 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset; 2GB of RAM; a 13-megapixel rear camera; a 2-megapixel front-facing webcam; and an embedded 3500mAh battery. The handset runs Android OS 4.2.2 `Jelly Bean' version.
United Kingdom News
- Mass market crucial for Macau Casino Industry’s recovery: Bernstein Analysts
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research