Study says that reducing heat indoors may help cut down excess weight
A recent report shows that cooler temperatures lead to weight reduction. In other words science now shows that turning your home's focal warming down won't just bring down your electricity bill but also help in reducing the size of your waist.
The discoveries were done after a 10-year research by researchers from the Netherlands who discovered that cooler temperatures influence the metabolism of the body.
The study shows that when human body is made to bear extreme cold conditions the metabolism of the body goes into a fat-burning mode which manages the temperatures inside the body by using more energy to keep the body warm and preventing it from being too cold. This helps in the body burning more calories and thus reducing weight.
Researchers found that in youngsters and middle-aged individuals using stored fats to produce energy to keep the body warm in winters helps in using at least 30 percent extra body fat which then helps in losing weight.
Usage of heat inside homes and business settings may really make one pack on more pounds during the winter months instead of losing. Therefore it is advisable to keep the heat low in the house and office since bearing the cold makes the metabolism become extremely active.
United Kingdom News
- Mass market crucial for Macau Casino Industry’s recovery: Bernstein Analysts
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research