SweetLabs announces ‘App Install Platform’ to help OEMs increase per-device revenue
On Friday, SweetLabs announced its latest offering --- its new 'App Install Platform', which underscores a service that aims to help hardware manufacturers (OEMs) in increasing their per-device revenue.
The SweetLabs 'App Install Platform' is basically an app recommendation platform for Android and Windows OEMs. SweetLabs has efforts underway to start shipping the new platform on devices by the end of 2014.
The announcement of the 'App Install Platform' by SweetLabs essentially builds on the success of the company's earlier 'Pokki' lightweight app store and Start Menu replacement, which was initially developed for Windows.
For the 'App Install Platform,' SweetLabs will charge on a SaaS basis. The new service can not only help OEMs better customize app recommendations, but will also be significant for the average consumer too, as it could help reduce their per-device app load.
Defining the 'App Install Platform' as a toolset which gives the OEMs the ability to change what apps pre-load on their devices remotely, a TechCrunch report said: "If SweetLabs can help OEMs better tailor app recommendations, it could cut down some of the bloat that new devices currently experience."
United Kingdom News
- Fresh $1 billion investment to provide big boost to Canyon’s 4-wheeled electric pedal car concept
- Chinese ‘Tesla clone’ EV startup Xpeng starts delivering electric SUVs to Europe
- GRIDSERVE opens first solar-powered fully electric vehicle service station in Braintree, Essex
- Danish parliament approves plan to bring at least 775,000 electric cars on roads by 2030
- Most Popular Card Games on Indian Online Casino