2014 Proves to be a Good Year for Volkswagen with Over 10 Million Vehicles Sold
Volkswagen, the German auto manufacturer intends to become the biggest automaker by number of sales in another three years time by 2018.
Last year's performance of the car company was strong as it sold more than ten million vehicles all over its markets.
On Sunday, the car company said that its number of sales in 2014 touched 10.14 million. This was a 4.2% raise as compared to the previous year.
The sale of the luxury brands of the auto maker performed well this year and contributed to the rising profit figures. The brands to perform well included, Audi, Porsche, and also the Czech automobile line Skoda.
Martin Winterkorn , the CEO of Volkswagen said in a statement before the annual car show in Detroit, the performance of the company was good "despite challenging market conditions."
In another instance, on Sunday, Volkswagen unveiled the Cross Coupe GTE plug-in hybrid which is based on an SUV coupe concept.
Martin Winterkorn said, "It is large, it is beautiful and it is pure high-tech. So we believe this concept could be a perfect match for America." However, officially the car will be unveiled on Monday.
United Kingdom News
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million
- VIP Gamblers remain devoted to gambling hub Macau but fail to bolster gross gaming revenue
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate