More than Six Billion Views Per Day for Snapchat, That’s Three Times Increase Compared to Spring
The users of Snapchat have increased continually in the last few years and it seems that the growth is paying off now. The service enabling to view snaps and videos through the app are currently being viewed by more than six billion times every day.
It is a three times amplification in number of views compared to May as reported by the company. At that time the snaps and videos were viewed two billion times every day. During the weekend, the company confirmed the figure to a news paper and the reports were published.
Facebook, which also offers viewing videos said last week that almost eight billion video are being viewed through the social network every day. In recent times, the social network has taken extra initiative focusing on its video offerings. Its present figure shows almost double increase compared to April.
For web videos, taking out the exact internal statistics might prove to be complicated. The time for which the video has to be viewed to be counted as a 'view' differs for Facebook and Snapchat. For Facebook, it's three seconds but for Snapchat the time is just few milliseconds. The nature of the content also differs from site to site. The Snapchat videos are just few seconds long whereas the videos on Facebook run for a few minutes, the YouTube videos might last longer than that.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept