Square Reports Growth in Sales for the Fourth Quarter
Jack Dorsey has been juggling between Square and Twitter being the chief executive of both the companies. Square is a mobile-payments company that went public recently public and Twitter, the social network is looking for new users and is struggling for some time to keep the ld users with it.
It appears that with Twitter, Dorsey has a more difficult task in hand compared to Square, which posted a 49 percent improvement in revenue on Wednesday.
It was Square's first earnings report after it went public and it poster a growth in sales which surpassed the analysts' expectations and climbed to $374 million in the fourth quarter. Though the San Francisco based company's net loss was more than double as compared to last year, the company highlighted its growth areas in several of its ancillary software businesses.
Twitter's troubles are not over with just searching for new users but some of the prominent departures from the company's executive team also leave Mr. Dorsey with some worries. Growing competition from Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram is also making things difficult for the company as it struggles to keep itself attractive to the users.
United Kingdom News
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate
- American Gaming Association urges President Trump to revise tax threshold on slots
- Careful planning must for Casinos to bounce back from COVID-19 pandemic: Experts
- German Government agrees to Lufthansa Package