Comcast’s Xfinity will be Available in Amazon Cable Store
Amazon is no more selling just books, apparel, kitchen gadgets and devices, in a new move and a big corporate partnership, Amazon recently launched the Amazon Cable Store, with a dedicated landing page for Comcast's Xfinity cable. It will allow the customers to order for the company's cable, phone and Internet services through the website of the leading e-commerce giant.
The partnership is expected to make TV viewing for the American consumers a lot better and easier. According to sources, the idea did not just pop up but was in the pipeline for one year and the two companies were discussing how to do it in the best possible way. Sourses say it was first explored when Brian Roberts, Comcast CEO and Neil Smit the company's cable division president visited Silicon Valley one year ago, where they met Jeff Bezos, Amazon's CEO and the idea cropped up. In an earlier interview Smit had described the meeting and said, "They helped us in our thinking about how to simplify the experience and just make it clean."
According to the analysts, the deal appears to be mutually beneficial for both the companies as the agreement to sell through its platform will earn Amazon a fee and Comcast would get the advantage of Amazon's excellent reputation in customer service.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept