Tesla announces new Model S and X versions with upgraded battery, super fast acceleration
In a Tuesday announcement, electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla Motors said that the new versions of its Model S sedan and Model X crossover will be equipped with a new upgraded battery pack -- to offer a longer battery range -- and will be capable of super fast acceleration.
According to the details shared by Tesla CEO Elon Musk on a conference call with reporters on Tuesday, a bigger upgraded battery pack will be introduced by the automaker for the performance versions of Model S and Model X. The new battery packs will notably increase the range of the vehicles, along with enabling them to accelerate substantially faster.
Touting Tesla as the manufacturer of the fastest production car in the world, Musk said that the all-electric Model S P100D sedan - the high-end version of the Model S - takes barely 2-/12 seconds to accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour (mph); thanks to its new 100 kilowatt hour (kWh) battery pack.
Musk also revealed that with the same new 100 kWh battery pack, Tesla's new performance model, the Model X P100D, will be able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.9 seconds.
Further highlighting the fact that the new upgraded battery pack will also extend the driving range of the Model S and Model X vehicles, Musk said that the new battery pack and the record-setting acceleration underscore "very profound milestones;" and added that the achievements will apparently "help convince people around the world that electric is the future."
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept