Samsung, CPSC ask Galaxy Note 7 owners to stop using their handsets
On Friday, bigwig South Korean device maker Samsung Electronics and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have asked the owners of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to keep their devices turned off and not to use them.
The warning comes nearly a week after Samsung announced a voluntary recall of Galaxy Note 7 handsets worldwide, following reports that the lithium-ion batteries in some handsets had exploded while charging. Galaxy Note 7 is Samsung's latest Note flagship handset which was officially launched by the company a few weeks back.
Along with warning the Galaxy Note 7 users to avoid using their handsets and keep them turned off, Samsung also said on Friday that Note 7 owners should get their devices replaced for another device, under the swap program announced by the company while recalling the handsets last week.
Samsung also said that the "affected inventory" of Galaxy Note 7 handsets has been identified by the company, and the sales and shipments of those handsets has been halted.
Meanwhile, with Samsung having pulled the Galaxy Note 7 handsets without the approval of the CPSC, Tim Baxter - president of Samsung Electronics America - said in a Friday statement that the company, after announcing the voluntary recall of Note 7, is now working on a "corrective action plan" to speed up a CPSC-approved recall of the handsets.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept