Samsung starts mass production of semiconductors with 10 nm FinFET process technology
In a recent announcement, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has revealed that the mass production of semiconductors using 10 nanometer (nm) FinFET process technology has been commenced by the company.
Samsung is one of the world's leading companies in advanced semiconductor technology. The commencement of mass production of System-on-Chip (SoC) products with 10nm process technology makes Samsung the first company in semiconductor industry to deliver cutting-edge process technology to the mass market.
With Samsung having started the mass production of semiconductors with 10nm FinFET technology, it is speculated that the technology will likely make its way into the digital devices scheduled for launch in early 2017. The wider availability of SoCs with 10nm process technology is expected throughout 2017.
The new 10nm FinFET process technology which Samsung has started producing for the mass market differs from its 14nm predecessor on account of its adoption of an advanced 3D transistor structure that brings along additional enhancements in process technology and design enablement.
As such, the use of the 10nm FinFET process technology will unfold an increase of up to 30 percent in area efficiency, along with 27 percent higher performance or a 40 percent reduction in power consumption.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept