NASA releases Mars ‘Ice Home’ concept
The U.S. space agency National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) has released its incredibly cool concept for Martian houses for astronauts who would one day set foot on the Red Planet.
One of the biggest problems being faced by scientists working NASA’s Mars manned mission is to ensure safe dwelling for pioneer astronauts to sleep, live and work in. Now, the scientists have a conceptual ‘ice home’ design for the same.
As per the Ice Home concept, NASA would create inflatable domes covered in ice for pioneer astronauts. The inflatable cool domes would provide them with protection from high temperatures and high-energy radiation.
NASA’s senior systems engineer Kevin Vipavetz said, “After a day dedicated to identifying needs, goals, and constraints we rapidly assessed many crazy, out of the box ideas and finally converged on the current Ice Home design, which provides a sound engineering solution.”
The main aim of the Ice Home concept is to protect astronauts from harmful radiation that can penetrate through Mars’ atmosphere. These harmful rays can damage astronauts’ cells, leading to serious health risks, including acute radiation sickness and cancer.
The Mars Ice Home concept has a number of advantages. For instance, it is lightweight and can be transported and deployed with simple robotics, before the arrival of astronauts.
United Kingdom News
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million