Future Google Pixel phones may feature curved screens
Tech giant Google Inc. has plans to introduce a curved screen on the follow-up to its Pixel flagship smartphone that was launched in 2016, according to emerging media reports.
A report from South Korea’s Electronic Times claimed that Google has offered to invest $880 million (1 trillion won) in LG Display Co. in order to secure a stable supply of flexible OLEDs for its next handset.
While many may be surprised by this piece of information, experts said it is not that much astonishing as it seems to be the popular flavor of the year in smartphone design.
For instance, Korean electronics giant Samsung’s new Galaxy S8 smartphone sports a curved screen. Cupertino-based Apple Inc. has reportedly signed a deal with a company to get 160 million curved screens for its next iPhone.
However, it may take some time for Google to get curved screens as its offer is still under consideration by LG Display. Google mayn’t have many other options as Samsung will likely not be able to accommodate additional demand after signing a deal with Apple.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept