Jobs boost with new Mini models
German car-maker BMW has plans to build two new Mini models at its plant in Oxfordshire generating as many as 1,000 jobs.
Company's plant in Cowley, near Oxford will produce a coupe concept and a second concept car, which will be made public on September 15 at the Frankfurt motor show.
Speaking on the topic, Lord Mandelson, Business Secretary said, "The production of two new Minis is very good news for Oxford, and for the UK car industry."
Cowley, which is manufacturing 3 versions of the Mini, has a workforce of around 3,700 people.
It may be noted here that the company had axed 850 jobs at the Cowley plant in February.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept