Hubble telescope detects carbon dioxide in distant planet’s atmosphere
The most watched network over the week, three of CBS's dramas also managed to take top place. In the lead was CBS' 'The Mentalist', a Simon Baker series about solving crimes using astute powers of observation, the first freshman series to rank No. 1 since 2005 'Desperate Housewives' did it for ABC.
The network's annual 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' also did well, up 1.2-million viewers from last year. The end of ABC's 'Dancing With the Stars', tough competition for 'The Mentalist', saw new viewers watching the CBS show.
CBS led the week, averaging 10.9-million viewers, compared to ABC's - 8.6-million, Fox's - 7.7-million and NBC's - 7.5-million.
ABC benefitted greatly from it's 'Barbara Walters Presents the Ten Most Fascinating People, including 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Grey's Anatomy'.
Fox led amongst the 18 - 49-year olds, while CBS and ABC tied for second place.
Univision led among the Spanish-language networks, followed by Telemundo, TeleFutura and Azteca.
In the news category NBC's topped with its 'Nightly News', followed by ABC's 'World News' and 'CBS Evening News' came in third.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept