Illinois Announces Construction of Public-Private Toll Bridge Project linking I-80 to CenterPoint
It came as a pleasant surprise but Illinois is entering the private toll bridge business.
The state has given consent to build a new toll bridge that will link Interstate 80 to the CenterPoint intermodal facility in Joliet and Elwood.
On Monday, the Houbolt Road bridge agreement was announced by the officials. It is designed in such a way that traffic congestions on local roads will decrease and will also give a push to the growing truck and train transportation hub.
The cost of this public-private project will be at a range of $170 million to $190 million. CenterPoint is constructing and will operate the toll bridge over the Des Plaines River.
Out of that cost, 21 million will be covered by the Illinois Department of Transportation in widening Houbolt Road and reconfiguring the existing interchange with I-80 in order to meet demands of the ever increasing traffic.
Construction is expected to start next year. According to the officials, it will provide a direct route to the extensive CenterPoint facility which lies south of I-80 by late 2018 the year after. It is much required as projected traffic is expected to multiply three times by 2040. Initially approximately 11,000 vehicles including 6,600 or more trucks are expected to use the bridge.
United Kingdom News
- Mass market crucial for Macau Casino Industry’s recovery: Bernstein Analysts
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research